Monday, October 7, 2013

NYC Day 6

One of our favorite shows to watch is The Chew.  If you haven't watched it before it's a cooking show that comes on at noon on ABC.  Chris got us tickets to go see a taping of it so we woke up extremely early to get ready.  We knew that we had to be dressed really nicely by all of the emails that we got from the show.  Since we were dressed nicely we took a taxi to ABC.  If you've never been to a taping of a tv show before it's really interesting on how they select who sits where.  Basically if you don't look nice or aren't dressed well you're placed in the back of the audience.  But since Chris and I were dressed nice we were placed on the front row right behind the tasting table.  The taping that we took part in happened to be a special taping and it aired the same day! We also got copies of the new Chew book.  Chris was excited because Michael Symon handed us our books.  I was stoked because I got to talk to Clinton Kelly.  He handed us our pizza and then he asked if I could pass out the plates to the rest of the row! Here's the link to the full episode that we were part of: we were on it quite a bit. After it was finished taping we took a taxi back to the hotel.
Waiting in line to get in to ABC.
The view from our seats.  You weren't allowed to take pictures while they were shooting.
Clinton Kelly was so nice and he came out into the audience afterwards to thank everyone for coming.
Michael Symon was just as nice!
Carla Hall came out into the audience during every break to dance.
We had bought quite of bit of stuff and we knew that we couldn't get all of it in our carry on bags.  So we took everything over to FedEx and shipped everything back home.  We then checked out of the hotel and walked to Shake Shack for one last meal.  We still had several hours to kill before our flight left so we wandered around Time Square and did a little more shopping.  We were so exhausted from all of the walking we did during our trip that we finally called it quits and headed back to the hotel to wait for our car to pick us all up.  We got a different car and driver who took us to the airport.  The car was even nicer than the first with it being a Mercedes but this driver was a little crazy!  I don't get car sick but I had to roll the window down because I thought I might be.  He also liked to use colorful language and not obey traffic rules.  But thankfully we all made it to the airport safely.
Our box we mailed back weighed 25lbs!!
My highlights from NYC are that people aren't overly friendly.  Don't smile at people on the subway you will get the stink eye back and don't apologize if you hit someone or step on someone.  Driver's in NYC like to use the horn at all times and it's totally acceptable to push your dog around in a stroller. We did have a great time in NYC but if we go back it probably won't be for quite as long.  Maybe just 3 days to check out a Broadway show and eat some amazing food, and of course do some shopping.  I did love that there was always something to do and that things stayed open until late.

No comments: