Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Color Run

Last Saturday I ran in my first 5k!! I decided for my first 5k I wanted to do something fun and we all decided to do The Color Run in Tulsa.  If you haven't heard of the color run you are missing out on the Happiest 5k on the planet!! It isn't a timed race so if you need to stop you can or if you want to walk the whole thing you can do that too. Every half mile they have different color zones where you are doused from head to toe with color.  By the end of the 5k you are completely colorful.

So last Friday afternoon we all got in the car and drove over to Tulsa.  We ate some yummy food at Joe Momma's and wandered around downtown Tulsa.  We found a cute little crepe and gelato shop called Mod's to eat at for dessert. Then we headed back to the hotel room to rest up for Saturday.
We woke up bright and early Saturday morning to head to The Color Run.  I was extremely nervous but I was able to eat a little breakfast.  Thankfully we found some parking pretty close to the run.  They said there were close to 15,000 who ran in the race.  It started at 9:00 and they would let waves of people go every 5 minutes.  I think we started somewhere close to 9:40.  Since it wasn't timed I'm not sure what our actual time was that we finished it in.  Kathleen said it was in the 40 minute range.  I think that's pretty good for my first 5k.  I only stopped to walk through the color zones because I wanted to be as colorful as possible.  Other than that I only stopped once to let my shin rest for a bit.  I'm extremely proud of myself for finishing my first 5k.  I'm hoping to do an actual timed 5k in June.
I don't look to happy durning this part of the run.
Happier here.
The camera guy caught us coming out of the orange zone.
All colorful!!
We had to drive home all colorful! Hehe

No comments: