Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Chill

Have you ever had one of those weeks where everything seems to go wrong? Well that's how it's been for us this week! Sunday we woke up to a wonderful 2inches of snow. It seemed like the week was going to start off great but then later on that afternoon I got a phone call from my best friend's husband letting me know that she was in the hospital for kidney stones. Thankfully she is doing better but another one of our really good friends sister is not. She left to go to Atlanta because her sister had a stage 5 brain aneurysm and is still in a medical induced coma. So please keep her in your prayers!

Monday morning we woke up to more snow and I had to go take Baxter to the vet. because he was in so much pain. Back in May he was diagnosed with Intervertebral Disc Disorder and he hasn't had a major episode of it since then. When I took him in the vet. suggested that he would be a good candidate for laser disc ablation surgery at OSU. The surgery is extremely expensive but they have a 97% recovery rate. After a lot of research and debate we have decided that when Chris gets his bonus Baxter will get his surgery.

After we came home from the vet I noticed that the garage door was still up. When I tried to close it the door made a horrible grinding sound and the cable came loose. Chris tried to close it but it came off the tracks so we decided to leave it open. Tuesday morning we woke up to a frozen pipe since the garage door was left open. Thankfully Chris got it fixed and the garage door man repaired the door without having it get a new one!

Today we woke up to more frozen stuff on the ground and thankfully my place of work decided to close today. I plan on spending the rest of the day indoors since it is so cold outside right now. Tomorrow we are only suppose to have a high of 5 and wind chills as low as -20. I'm really wishing that I lived somewhere off the beach right now. We'll be spending the rest of the day drinking plenty of hot chocolate and getting caught up on reading. Stay warm everyone!

No comments: