Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cherish the one's you love

It’s been a few weeks since we have posted anything on here. The last couple of weeks have been very crazy for us. We celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. We didn’t do a whole lot but we did wander around town and went to dinner at Texas Land and Cattle to celebrate. I would not recommend eating at the one in Rogers because it was nasty and very expensive. Chris says that the Texas land and Cattle in Dallas is great but the one that we have here is not. The food was bad and the service was worse. Our waiter kept calling me princess over and over again. Princess do you want water, princess is your food okay, or he would call me young lady. Other than that we had a wonderful anniversary and we enjoyed the time off together.

A few days after our anniversary I got a phone call at work from my mother saying that my father had a heart attack. Thankfully it wasn’t a major heart attack but his heart did stop and he had to have an Angioplasty. He had one blocked artery that they cleared and a partial artery that was blocked that they prescribed four different medicines to clear up. This came as a huge surprise call to us and a big wake up call to me not to take for granted the people that you love and cherish and think that you will have plenty of time to see or talk with them later. Life is short and you should spend time with the people who mean the most to you before you lose them.

I’ll end this on a positive note, this Friday is 4th of July and Chris’s family is coming up to spend some time with us. My family and Chris’s family are going to watch the Naturals play against San Antonio and then watch the fireworks show after that. We are really looking forward to that and we’ll post pictures of the fireworks later. We hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July and enjoy your three day weekend!!

1 comment:

... said...

wow, so I take it he is doing ok now?

nah, we haven't been looking at names yet..too busy I guess..maybe one will just slap us in the face and we will use that! haha