Monday, December 31, 2012

Turkey Trot and Fayetteville Half

Chris did two more 5Ks this year.  One was in Siloam Springs at the Turkey Trot.  It was extremely cold that morning in the low 30s.  This was also his first race to run without his running partner Vaden.  I know that he was nervous about it but he finished in 29.15 minutes!
The other 5K he ran in was the Fayetteville Half and 5K.  He was really worried about this one because of all the hills around the University.  It also rained that morning and he was concerned about the sidewalks being slick.  Thankfully it was pretty warm besides being a little rainy.  This one was pretty interesting to watch people you started outside the track center and you actually crossed the finish line in the track center.  They put your picture up on the jumbotron when you finished.  He finished this 5K in 31:30.
I made Chris get his picture taken with Big Red
They gave you a medal for completing the race.
I'm so proud of him!!
I know that Chris has plans to lose another 25 pounds next year and do his first half marathon and do tough mudder.  I plan on being there to cheer him on.  I'm so proud of him for working so hard at his goals.  He's even trying to get me to run more.  I'm going to try to run in the color run in Tulsa in April or May.  Thankfully he's my motivator!

No comments: