Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's elementary, my dear Watson

If you remember in one of my previous posts I said that we went and test drove a couple of SUVs for my birthday.  Well we eventually did buy one and it finally came in last Friday!  We've been debating for awhile with what we should do with Chris's Xterra.  I'm pretty much the sole driver of both cars that we have since Chris works all week and takes his work car.  I never liked driving the Xterra because it got horrible gas mileage and it didn't have a sunroof.  So it pretty much sat in the garage collecting dust until Chris needed it for tailgating.  It was two and a half years old and it only had 7,000 miles on it.  We thought about keeping it but with gas prices going up we decided it keep the thought of getting rid of it on the back burner.

Well for the past year or so GM has been sending out Saturn loyalty offers trying to get Saturn owners to purchase another GM vehicle.  Most of the offers have been for a couple of hundred dollars off certain cars.  When we received an email for 2,000 off any GM vehicle we thought that it might be a good time to start shopping around.

The two vehicles that we were looking at were the GMC Terrain and the Chevy Equinox.  Both SUVs are sister cars to each other and the only real difference between the two is their body styles.  Although if I could have picked any vehicle that I wanted I would have picked the Chevy Volt!  But sadly they are still way to expensive for us to own.  Since both SUVs get better gas millage than my own car it really didn't matter which one that we got.  After driving both SUVs we decided to go with the Chevy Equinox.  Once we signed all of the necessary paperwork and we just had to wait a week for it to come in.

Apparently the Equinox is a really high demand SUV according to the place that we bought it from.  I'll be nice and I won't post about the horrible experience we had with them!  I'm just glad that the nice talk Chris had with their general manager finally got us our SUV in a timely manner!  It's been nice being able to have two cars that get good gas mileage.  Since most everyone knows that I name my cars, I've decided to name this one Watson.  Hopefully Watson will be with us for many more years to come!
Watson has lots of technical things like a backup camera.

No comments: