Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fat Kid

This post was written by Chris on his blog but I thought that I would share it on here as well.  I'm very proud of him and I think his total weight loss is close to 25 lbs now!

As most of you know, I’m fat. I’m lazy, I like crappy food, I eat way too much. I’ve never been in what you would call good shape. Even in high school when I was involved in sports, I wasn’t in good shape. I was in good enough shape to play baseball, I cheated on all of the running we had to do. I blame Rodney for that one. I ran with him because he was slow too. He was also a senior so I could count like him and get away with it. I’ve tried to lose weight before and usually manage to succeed for about 2 weeks. Then I find a great reason to quit and give up. A month ago my mom got told she could either lose weight or go on insulin. I realized that day that if I didn’t get my fatness under control I would be in the same situation. I don’t really like the idea of going through that since I’ve seen it all my life with other relatives. So I decided I had to get serious. I started using the My Fitness Pal app, and convinced Vaden to run with me. The first day Kathleen and Vaden ran with me. To say it was embarrassing is an understatement. I was able to run about 100 feet and I was ready to quit. I’ve been running now 4-5 days a week for a solid month. I’ve lost 19 lbs as of last Friday. I managed to make it 2.75 miles in 35 minutes last Sunday. I’ve decided I’ll run my first 5K on July 21st. If all goes good this 5K will just be the beginning, Tough Mudder is calling my name in October 2013. I’ve got several goals for this whole mission. First I want to get my weight down to 180, thats only 70 lbs, and would be where I was when I moved to Fayetteville 11 years ago. I want to complete a 5K. I want to be healthy and live to see my nephews, Jakob and Camden,  grow up and maybe a child of our own one day. Thankfully I’ve got a good support system in Melonie, and a person who doesn’t hate running really slow in Vaden. Hopefully in 2 months I will write a post about losing 40 lbs and running a 5K in 30 minutes. We’ll see……

No comments: