Saturday, March 17, 2012

Valentine's Day

Chris had this wonderful Valentine's Day night planned.  He bought me a Keurig as my Valentine's Day present and he made me a home cooked meal of pot roast with potatoes and carrots.  After we got finished with dinner we were sitting down relaxing when I received a phone call from the Boston Terrier rescue.  They had three Boston Terrier's that had been released from a puppy mill and they were needing a place for them to stay the night.  So we agreed to watch them for the night.  It was the saddest experience I've ever seen.  They had actually wanted me to go pick them up from the breeder a few days before but I was never able to do it.  I'm so thankful that I didn't go because just seeing the dogs in person was hard enough.  The breeder had spray painted them each a different color and given the girl who picked them up a color legend with their names and ages.  I think she spray painted them different colors and she called them green, red, and purple.  They had never been on the ground before or had been given hard food.  We tried to give them some milk bones but they spit them out because they didn't know how to chew.  We let me run around in the backyard and I have never seen dogs so happy to be free before! They were the sweetest most loving dogs who only wanted attention from someone.  Thankfully all of the dogs found their forever homes.  It just makes me absolutely sick that people could treat animals this way!
This one broke my heart because she was missing an eye.

No comments: