Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Squished Face Dogs

Sunday night I received a call from MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue where we adopted Baxter from.  She said that the Rogers Animal Shelter had a Boston Terrier mix that had been turned in and they needed someone to transport him to the vet in Springdale before he went to be fostered in Des Moines, IA.  So Monday morning I headed to Rogers to pick up Herb, a Boston Terrier/Corgi mix.  He is such a sweet little boy who only wanted someone to love him!  It was really hard dropping him off and I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to let him go.  If you know of anyone who wants to adopt a Boston Terrier or who is looking for a dog please send them to the above links.
Loved his little Boston face.  He reminds me so much of Baxter!
I'm a firm believer that if anyone wants to buy a pet that they should either go to the animal shelter or go through a rescue organization.  There are plenty of pets there that need to find their forever homes.  If you are wanting to buy a pedigree dog you'd be surprised how many are turned into the shelter and to rescues! 

If you can't tell by now I'm a dog lover and I really love squished faced dogs.  They are known as brachycephalic canines.  Last night I found a whole website devoted to squishy and snorty dogs.  I probably spent 30 minutes on it looking at all the pups!  If you are looking for a site to cheer you up check out Squishfaceddogs.com

2 comments:

Saimaeve said...

I've never been a dog person. I'm usually avoided them my entire life. In 2010, I wanted to surprise my husband with a dog that he's wanted for a long time.

I adopted Zayta from the Humane Society and it was the best thing I've done in a long time. She's such a character and is such an old soul. I like the fact that I didn't have to worry about the puppy stage with her and that she had wonderful training. She's not a terrier, but she's the best fitting dog for me I could imgine

kelley and alex said...

We are HUGE dog lovers also!! and I so agree everyone should go to the shelter to get pets! There are so many in need of good homes!